- Getting Started
- Help with Account
- My Account
- Claims Search Results
- Claims Details General
- Claims Details – Part A Inpatient
- Claims Details – Part A Outpatient
- Claims Details – Part A Home Health Care
- Claims Details – Part A Hospice
- Claims Details – Claims Details – Part B Outpatient/DMERC
- Claims Details – My Deductible Status
- Claims Details – Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) Orders
- How to Enter Information
- How to Edit/Delete Information
- On The Go Report
- Preventative Services
- Plans & Coverage
- MSP & MSA
- Security & Privacy
An Authorized Representative is a person you choose to assist you with Medicare-related matters, such as:
- Choosing a plan to participate in;
- Gathering more information about your insurance plan/policies for research and decision making purposes;
- Handling claims and/or payments;
- Receiving a notice in connection with an appeal on your behalf, and review/submit personal medical information when working with associated appeals.
To see a list of current and past authorized representative’s click on the “Authorized Representative” tab in My Account.
Changing Your Authorized Representative Information
You can update the Authorized Representative information displayed on MyMedicare.gov by calling customer service at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
You may also add Authorized Representatives to your account by completing an online version of the "Medicare Authorization to Disclose Personal Health Information" form.
To access the online form, just click on the link Medicare Authorization to Disclose Personal Health Information located in the Authorized Representative tab of the My Account page. Note that you must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to view this form. To install Adobe Acrobat and then access the Authorized Representative form, click on the link Medicare Online Forms and then follow the instructions at the top of the page.